First of all: correct drivers for your USB 2 Serial connector must be installed properly. You can check that the installation was successful if you connect the USB 2 Serial connector to a USB port without having anything connected to the DB9 port. Check under Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device manager > Ports (COM&LPT) that there is something like "USB Serial Port (COM 9)" listed there. If it is, the drivers are functioning properly.
Secondly, SeeYou must be the only application using that COM port, Active Sync must be disabled (Active Sync > File > Connection Settings > uncheck Allow serial cable ) and programs like LXe closed.
Then do the following:
1. Close all programs (including SeeYou)
2. Disconnect logger from USB to Serial
3. Disconnect USB to Serial converter from PC
4. Connect USB to Serial to PC
5. Run SeeYou
6. Open Connection Wizard
7. Select the correct device and COM port manually
8. Connect the logger to the COM port
9. Do any required steps on the logger to connect
You should see the connected message in the Connection Wizard dialog.
If you don't, make a "logs" folder inside your c:\program data\naviter\seeyou folder and repeat the process above. Send us any logs that are created there.