Profiles are a great way to have different settings for different sites or types of flights. Like one profile for a competition and the other one for XC flights.
1. When you first ran Oudie 3, a Default profile was created from template you choose (XC or RACE). Anything you have changed in the application was stored to this profile. Now comes a day when you you started to fly competitions. To avoid entering the polar, header and changing Navboxes each time you go fly competitions instead of cross country, you may create a new profile by going to Menu > Settings > Miscellaneous and click the "Add Profile..." button.
2. You get to choose to either :
- Copy current profile (which makes an exact copy of your current settings),
- Create a new profile (which creates a copy of the default settings).
You may give the new profile a name according to what you are going to use it for. Be it "RACE", "XC" or "Hike and fly glider".
3. Next time you start Oudie 3 you will have two (or more) profiles to choose from. You have 10 seconds to select a profile. If you do nothing, the profile you used last is loaded.
4. After you have loaded the profile for the first time you will want to set it up according to your preferences before use:
- Links to Terrain, Airspace and Waypoint files (Menu > Settings > Next > Next > Files),
- Pilot name and Glider type settings (Menu > Settings > Next > Next > Log),
- Symbols for Map1 (Menu > Settings > Symbols),
- Symbols for Map2 (Menu > Settings > Symbols),
- Navboxes for Map1 (Menu > Settings > Next > Navboxes),
- Navboxes for Map2 (Menu > Settings > Next > Navboxes).