If you feel no need to use more than one set of navboxes or fly more than one sailplane ignore this feature and go read the next chapter.
If however you fly several types of gliders or fly at different locations you are likely to be fed up with changing the polar, terrain, waypoint and airspace files each time before the flight. Profiles were added in SeeYou Mobile 5.0. You can have separate setups for each of your club's gliders plus one profile for the competition you are attending shortly. Here's how it works.
1. When you first ran SeeYou Mobile, a Default profile was created from template. Anything you have changed in the application was stored to this profile. Now comes a day when you fly the single seater of your club with a significantly different polar and GPS source than the one you have used previously. To avoid entering the polar, header and hardware data each time you go fly this glider, you may create a new profile by going to Menu > Settings > Misc and click the "Manage Profiles..." button.
2. You get to choose to either :
- Copy current profile (which makes an exact copy of your current settings),
- Create a new profile (which creates a copy of the template/default settings),
- Delete profile, which you do not need anymore.
You may give the new profile a name according to what you are going to use it for. Be it "ASW 27", "LX 1600" or "World Gliding Championships"..
3. Next time you start Oudie 3 you will have two (or more) profiles to choose from. You have 10 seconds to select a profile. If you do nothing, the profile you used last is loaded.
4. After you have loaded the profile for the first time you will want to set it up according to your preferences before use:
- Links to Terrain, Airspace and Waypoint files (Menu > Settings > Next > Next > Files),
- Pilot name and Glider type settings (Menu > Settings > Next > Next > Log),
- Symbols for Map1 (Menu > Settings > Symbols),
- Symbols for Map2 (Menu > Settings > Symbols),
- Navboxes for Map1 (Menu > Settings > Next > Navboxes),
- Navboxes for Map2 (Menu > Settings > Next > Navboxes).